BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

OH GOD, I'm SOOOO HAPPY!!!

So, I talked to my hunny last night! Was I glad? HELL YEAH!!! He doesn't know how much I've missed talkin to him, but things happen--shit comes up that we often can not forsee or do anything about. First of all, I was soo nervous about calling because it was the house phone. From experience, I do not like calling guys on their house phones when they live with parents. That shit is embarrassing.

You know how some mamas can be...just plain ole MEAN!! But I conquered my fears and dialed his number. He answered, and I immediately let out a sigh of relief. He was like, "Long time, no hear from"...and I honestly thought, "Jigga, it ain't MY FAULT!!!" And he knows it. Just tryna be messy, lol. It's all good tho. "I [like] me some him!" YES I DO! We talked for an hour and then he had to go. He had a death in the family that he is dealing with so I might not get to talk to him the rest of the week if I don't call today...hmmm...he could always call me tho.

But he prolly won't.

Anyhoo...I just got done doing some research on My 20 Pearls, and I am sooo sooo soo inspired by these women, it's ridiculous! History is amazing, any kind...and reading is FUNDAMENTAL! I deemed this month AKA Research Month, but of course this is my own personal research. As a soror, it is my duty to defend and uphold the standards, characters, and integrity of my ILLUSTRIOUS organization. I can't do that if I don't know how AKA was started, why, who, what, where, and how...get my drift? So each week, I will be embarking on a journey of knowledge, delving into the many facets that make up Alpha Kappa Alpha history. I'm excited, and I have so much to learn. As intelligent human beings, we should never want to stop learning ANYWAY! So, yeah...this is one of my mantras for the rest of the year...a "thirst for knowledge".

And I just want to say, I love you STG...without you, I'd have no outlet...writing messes with my carpel tunnel. Smooches! :-)

0 comments: