BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

And I Quote..."

"Handle your business; don't let your business handle you!" --A smart person

This quote holds so much truth. Too often we are too busy worrying about what's going on in other people's lives to pay attention to our own. I've always had the attitude of what I do is MY business, especially if what I am doing is in no way affecting you. Friends take that title "Friend" to a whole other level and want to know ALL your business...I simply say, "MYOB, or get some business, please!"

As human beings, we are somewhat naturally inquisitive, and hell, that's okay. But PLEASE don't come up to me asking me what color bra/panties do I have on, or who I was on the phone with last night, or even who I'm seeing. You worried about me...and your draws ain't even clean!

I feel like, don't ask, don't tell --first and foremost. I do not voluntarily hand out information about my personal life unless I'm just itching for somebody to know. And even when someone asks something I'd rather not divulge, I usually go around the truth and leave out pertinent details. Shit, they do it to me! It's a viscious cycle that can be well avoided if people just mind their own business. Just because you are my "friend" doesn't mean you have to know every aching detail about my life. Shit...don't tell me that "secrets don't make friends..." Bitch, I got enough friends to worry about you being mad because you couldn't get in my business. See how STUPID that "secrets don't make friends" shit sounds? Really, and truly, ask me if I care...AND DON'T!!

Get the word NUN-YA in your vocabulary, people!!!! It may hurt a few feelings, but it keeps folks' noses out of places they shouldn't be. I mean, some people need to get a hobby for goodness sake!

I really do try to limit what I say to so-called friends and associates. Even my bestests are sometimes guilty of talking too much, as am I on occasions. But shit, for the most part I can trust them both with my inner most secrets, and dare I tell theirs.

But these folks I'm in school with now...

HA...

Only a few I trust with my business, and not necessarily because they won't tell, but because they don't judge or scrutinize my behavior. They offer solutions, advice, or encouraging words and leave it at that.

On the other hand, you have those who seem sincere when getting into your business, but turn right back around and discuss it with associates, aquaintances, classmates, parents, sisters, brothers, cousins.......etc.

Don't...and I mean DON'T EVEN! So yeah, as I get older I am learning more and more to guard my tongue. What I say not only has the potential to mess me up, but others as well. I began to learn this lesson at age 12, and every year I get better and better at it. I used to be flip-mouthed and would TELL ALL...but now, I choose my words wisely before I speak, or say nothing at all. The times that I have spoken prematurely have landed me DRAMA or an ass-whooping (not really...and never from a peer. The only hands to ever be laid on me were those of my parents), SO...

And don't be fooled. Being in a sorority does not mean telling your business to sorors...Don't discuss with them what you wouldn't discuss with an acquaintance if you're not comfortable with them like that. Oh and keep SORORITY business JUST THAT! Business, Business, Business, PEOPLE!

If you ain't got none, get some! I'm OUT!

0 comments: