BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Random Updates on ya girl

While I sit here with a cough and cramps and looking at a few of my old posts, I want to make corrections, or rather changes to some things I previously mentioned in posts last year. There's really just 3 such corrections.

1) I don't have a thing for lite skin anymore (see this post right here) . I'm into chocolate/dark skinned brothers. Guys with hair/dreads are turn ons too... So my " life's devotion to a light-skinned man" is OVER. SOOOOOOORI!

2) The Caramel Zeus from an over-cooked vegetable (see this post) is, well not a caramel zeus, he is not nice or kind. He is rather stuck-up and arrogant. He is decently cute, but not someone I think I could be in a relationship with. He seems to be attracted to airheads and "nut-bucket ass hoes" (Fresh's term). Naw, really, if he is attracted to women, I wouldn't really know. But the girls that seem to be on his shit are hood and/or hoochie. Whatever.

3) I stand corrected. Not even a full year after I made this post, Beyonce' and Jay Z FINALLY got married, and the Creole Queen seems to be taking a much needed break from the lime-light, perhaps to give her lil sister Solange a chance to shine. But don't think she's down for the count, or that she'll be gone for long. With her vocals on Love in the Club Part II, it's clear that she was only warming up. When she does come out of her mini-hiatus, we better be ready for the fury. But for those who could care less about her (as do I), don't worry...she'll be over-exposed within months of her comeback.

SO yeah, I'm done. I need to go take some adv.il. DEUCE!

3 comments:

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Shy, if you don't mind, I'd like to give you an analogy about coffee.

You can have it black or with various amounts of cream. By looking at these two different cups of coffee, you can't tell whether it's sweet or not. Coffee is naturally bitter, and if unsweetened, can leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Some people prefer this, and that's okay too.

Congrats to moving on from the guy who left that bitter taste in your life. Been there, done that, it's a drag.

I hope the next one (or two or three) you get involved with has laughter (sweetness) in his heart and is a considerate soul. If so, his complexion shouldn't matter at all.

I also see you're only 20. I don't know if you date slightly older men, but they tend to be more mature.

There's an interest rule one culture has: a woman should be half the age of the man plus 7. Therefore, a guy around 26 might work out for you. Unless he's an asshole. They come in all ages, but you probably know this!

Take care,

~ Kit

Shy said...

lol, thanks so much for the words of encouragement/wisdom. I love your blog, by the way. Not too long ago I had rules (standards) set in place for what type of guy I'd consider dating. As I get older, a lot of those same standards are being broken down (height, age, skin color, etc.).

I see myself dating guys more for personality than looks these days, even though that is the first thing I see. I pray one day God sends me THAT GUY and he is fine to me regardless of complexion. I will say that where something as shallow as that used to hold me back from getting to know potentially great guys, it's not so much an issue now.

And you think 26 might be a good age? Hmmmmm....:-)

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Yeah, but not much older and definitely make sure he's not married. You'll be fairly certain of this if he takes you to his place, and if you flat out ask him if he's been married. Casually, of course.

If he asks you if that's your goal, just smile and say something like, "Oh, one day it would be nice, if the relationship feels right. I was just checking about your status because I don't date married men."

Then relax and enjoy any friendship that might emerge, and don't sacrifice your studies for a movie date. A mature man will respect this. You can also learn from such a guy, even if doesn't work out.

Meanwhile have fun too with guys your age. I loved school danced and partied my azz off. As I think about it, I miss it. It was fun.

Good luck, sweetie!