BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

I Wanna Dance With Somebody!

K, so my homie/soror Reese put me on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance first semester of sophomore year (Fa '07). MTV was showing re-runs of season 3 and ever since then I've been hooked. I was even more stoked about watching this season's show, because I personally know one of the contestants, Stephen "Twitch" Boss. Now, we weren't like homies or anything, but he is a native of my city, and when I was a little girl, he went to my church. I remember him being active in the choir, and attending the annual summer Youth Retreat. He even dated my friend Rose. I REMEMBER. I was way too young to be in his face or on his jock, so I doubt that he remembers me. But anyhoo...after trying out for season 3 and not making it, Twitch decided to come back and give it another try, and damnit if he ain't killin it right now!! I love this man, and he gets my votes every Wednesday night (sorry Joshua). Anyhoo...

I'm not running down a full bio on the 8 that are left and the 2 that got cut last night. Cuz that's not important. What I will say is that there is a STRONG chance that a BLACK GUY will win this season. There is only 1 white dude left, and then of course 3 white girls and 1 black girl. I AM however going to speak on my favorite dancers. I've already put Twitch out there, so here's his pic...

Photobucket

Ain't he handsome!?!

Next there's Will. I love Will, I really do. He is so fine, his body is OH-EMM-GEE, and his dancing skills are beyond fabulous. He trained with Debbie Allen, who was a judge on the show, but after Will made the cut to move on to the REAL DEAL, she had to leave (gotta be fair, ya know). He is definitely probably a better dancer than Twitch, but only because he is contemporarily trained and to me, that means you can dance almost any genre and be better than say, someone whose concentration is hip-hop or jazz. Nonetheless...the judges have deemed him one of THE BEST, and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. Here's Will, y'all.

Photobucket

The last male dancer I will mention is another brother...young brother (19) might I add. His name is Joshua. At first I thought something was terribly wrong with dude, but yet I was strangely attracted to him (probably cuz he reminds me of my boo). His dancing (hip-hop/popping) is unbelievable, and in my honest opinion, he melds better with different genres than Will even. Mary Murphy, a main-stay judge of the show said that it looked like Joshua was, [paraphrasing] "stroking the dance floor like a paint brush" when he did the Rumba Wednesday night with new partner Courtney. Almost every genre he has done outside of his own has been nearly flawless. He is so adaptable, it's scary! I love Joshua. At times he acts a little feminine, but I'm going to push those thoughts aside and attribute that to excitement and his age. Anyhoo...should my beloved Twitch leave the show any time soon, with Joshua remaining, lil man will definitely get my votes.

Photobucket

On to the girls. Okay...so I really wasn't feeling this girl. Still don't. And Lawd, if she ain't been paired up with my baby,Twitch. Their chemistry is lacking to say the least, and it is having adverse effects on the both of them as far as judging is concerned. Anyhoo...comfort reminds me of an UBER annoying version of my friend Deja'. Deja' has this very free-spirited out going personality as does Comfort. Deja' is always willing to put on a show...and well, so if Comfort. This is all fine and dandy, but I don't know...too much is too much sometimes and Comfort puts herself out there. I wish she was a lil more laid back. The heffa can dance tho!! Her style is none other than hip-hop and she is darn good at it. The funny thing about Comfort is that she was actually voted off LAST WEEK along with her NEW partner Thayne, but after Will's partner Jessica suffered rib injuries (and subsequently is out of the running) Nigel Lythgoe (the exec producer and one of the judges) brought Comfort back. Talk about redemption and second chances!!

Photobucket

Anyhoo. I'd rather Comfort be competing than Twitch's old partner Kherington, even though I loved the mesh-up nickname fans everywhere adoredly called them --TWITCHINGTON-- Kherington got voted off last night. She was cool, but I could tell she was either getting tired, or her spirit for dance was dying. Either way, she was dragging down Twitch and her other partner Mark. It was time for her to go. My only thing is, I wish Comfort was not paired with Twitch either, but you can't win em all. Unfortunately they are in the best match-up they could possibly be in. Joshua and Courtney, Will and my girl Katee (Josh's old partner) ARE FIERCE together! *shrugs shoulders* ah, well.

Lastly, if a girl should win it all, I would want for Katee Shean to be the champ. I don't have many words for her other than she is delightful to watch. She is a beautiful dancer, and her personality shines like one of the brightest stars. She was Joshua's original partner (they danced together for 5 wks), and then she was paired with Will, and damnit if they won't be the last two standing. If it came between the two, Katee would get my votes.

Photobucket

The Top 10 will be going on tour this fall, and I hope they come somewhere close to the Ham so I can catch them in action. The Top 8 are:
--Will, Katee, Joshua, Courtney, Mark (didn't discuss), Chelsie (didn't discuss), Twitch, and Comfort.
--Gev and Kherington received the least votes from viewers and were sent home.

Predictions:
Do I think Twitch is going home soon? There's a chance. The best of the best are dancing right now and there can only be one winner. But I think Mark will be going home before my man. Comfort is out by next week. It's inevitable!

Last note....that Lil C cat...(a judge off the show, known for Krumping and being one of the stars of the Documentary RIZE) is FOINE!!! And tho he seems street and hood and BUCK this negro's intelligence shines through and that is such a turn on. You should have heard him giving all those analogies and shit...Formulating coherent sentences...JESUS!! Do NOT underestimate black men that dance hip-hop...that negro could take over the world if he wanted to. And I'd be right by his side, lol...just kidding!

Photobucket

Tune in on Wednesdays to Fox at 7pm to watch 2 hours of terrific dancing from the above mentioned.
Tune in on Thursdays at 8pm to watch the results of who America thinks should stay, and who should go.

Go to fox.com/dance for info on when and where the Top 10 will be touring!!!

Enjoy this routine by Twitchington choreographed by Mia Michaels I think. One of the best routines from the show.


0 comments: