BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

RIF (Research --and reading--) is FUNDAMENTAL!!!

Good Morning all, Happy Friday! Since the news of the AKA Barbie has become public knowledgde, I have noticed something. There seems to be TWO dolls...

I visited this blog last night, and the author was discussing the doll. Of course, since he was referencing my sorority, I took interest in what he had to say and even left a comment on the post. I looked at the doll he had on his blog and realized that the picture posted IS NOT the doll created by Mattel, but by Rochelle McAllister of Sisterhoodboutique.com and Madame Alexander®. Maybe I'm over thinking this thing too much, and maybe it's not that serious to some, but it's important to me, and I think that is what's causing a lot of confusion. The doll the blog author showcased is actaually named Ivy Rose™, and the 2008 version of this doll is scheduled to make her debut August 1, 2008. If you are at all interested in the DIFFERENCES between these dolls, please check the sisterhoodboutique site for more info. The link is here .

The reason for the title of this post is because a friend sent me a link to a story BET posted on their website about the doll, and of course they are showing Ivy Rose...not Barbie...I would think that whomever is over the BET blog would have better sense to research information before posting JUST anything. And it seems other sources have also gotten some of their info wrong. Research is Fundamental!!!! Please and thank you!

P.S. Ivy and Barbie don't even LOOK the same. Ivy doesn't have that trademark "Barbie" look ya know...I dunno. Oh well!

Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

that vid is funny
and to all the akas
happy 100th be safe in dc
ill be back
next time drop a comment
if u like what u read

Shy said...

lol, thanks for the love. And I do love your blog. Just a lil Shy about commenting, that's all. :-)