BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And I Quote ": A dedication

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwoole

Please listen to the song as you read the post, thanks!!


"Nothing worth having is easy to get." -Soror Ideal


Photobucket

I agree. Look at what all Cinderella had to go through to get her prince charming.


This post is dedicated to my friend Mel and other friends out there who feel like they can't win for losing. You give your heart and soul to a guy...everything short of your peace of mind, and the guy either does nothing with your gifts or throws them in the garbage can.

Without saying too much, I want you to know that like my soror said, "Nothing worth having is easy to get". As much as we want to hate the guys who take our hearts to the shredder on a daily, we can't. So we look for the silver lining under the grey cloud and remind ourselves, sometimes naiively that, "It ain't so bad". They are going to make us work for their love, something women rarely had to do in the generations that came before us. But don't give up. Nobody said this love thing would be easy...

Patience is a virtue. And we as young women have indeed been VERY patient, considerate, understanding, and uplifting to these guys who in one minute can see forever in our eyes and the next not see a future with us. I am learning this stuff as I constantly ride the rollercoaster of, no not love, but of self-discovery. I'm on a train, and he is the conductor. I am but a passenger, along for the ride. I can choose to get off whenever I please, but it ain't that simple, is it? Nope, because they read our thoughts, and know what we plan to do before we do it. We have to master the game that is being played, try to protect our hearts, but also let down our guards just enough to let him get through the door. See, I told you it wasn't simple. Well, there's hope.


One of my favorite Bible verses is 1 Corinthians 2:9. It reads thusly: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

These words get me through EVERY let down I have, whether it be with grades or with guys. I believe in this verse because it gives me hope, it promises to me that God has a plan and wonderful things in store for me. The ones we love the most, may not love us in the same way. It is painful to think that these guys we like/love may not be THE ONE for us. Whoever God has for us, is OUT THERE...and though it's hard to think anyone could be better than our boos...that guy (if it's not them) IS better...much better!

I've endured many let-downs over the years, particularly in the relationship department. But when the last tear falls down my eye, after reading 1 Corin. 2:9 I know that I'm just one step closer to the unbelievable man God will place in my life to be my help mate. Yes I am anxious, but Patience is a virtue. Galatians 6:9 says: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Mel, our time is coming. I know sometimes we want to believe that the guy we care about SO MUCH is going to be the one, but we have to, even if in the back of our minds, accept the fact that this may not be so. We can only pray that the undeniable bonds we have formed with these young men will blossom and flourish into wonderful, long-lasting relationships.

If he is indeed doing his own thing, my advice would be to remain supportive of him. Continue to be his friend, and if nothing else kill him with kindness. One of two things may happen. 1) He will realize the error of his ways and come running back to your arms or 2) you will be so busy being nice and not caring that the guy of your dreams will appear, as if out of no where.

Call it a fairy-tale or wishful thinking, but then again, what is so wrong with fairy-tales? Some dreams do come true, and some stories do have happy endings. Only time will tell the truth, but something tells me that if we keep believing in ourselves, and that love is alive and out there, we will see our pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Photobucket

Remember: "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard". It IS WRITTEN. Claim it for yourself, and believe in it. I am here for you!

ETA: I'd rather have him in friendship than nothing at all.

0 comments: