BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So Long, Sophia!

Estelle Getty, widely known for her role as Sophia Petrillo of the Golden Girls passed away today in her Los Angeles Home. She was 84 years old. The white "Ms. Sophia" has been out of the public eye since 2000, struggling with dementia and other complications for quite some time. I, like most of my friends and family, LOVE the Golden Girls. We always said, "Sophia ain't as old as she's playing. She got too much spunk". Ms. Getty will truly be missed. It was a joy watching her sarcastic witicisms on the TV and laughing at how she treated her pathetic daughter "Dorothy". I will try to find a video later on that catches the true essence of the character she played on Golden Girls, and put it up by the end of the day if I can. Estelle left this earth just 3 days before her 85th birthday. :-(

My condolences go out to all of her loved ones. Rest In Peace, Mini Ma'am (that's what I called her). I know she's up there getting angels told right now, lol.


Photobucket

2 comments:

LadyLee said...

I can look at The Golden Girls now and still laugh hard. That's what I call a good show, and Getty's character was the best part of the show. R.I.P., Estelle Getty.

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

my sisters and i always called ourself the golden girls...and just b/c i was the tall one..i had to be bea arthur's character lol