BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Being 100 NEVER looked so Good.

Tomorrow, thousands of my sorors will gather together in Washington, D.C. to celebrate the feat of reaching 100 years of SISTERHOOD and SERVICE to all mankind. I wish I could be there, but financial and other obligations weigh against me in this hope. However, it is my prayer that all sorors venturing to D.C. for the festivities have fun and are safe!!! Party for me, why don't cha?

Anyhoo... Taken from our National website :
One hundred years ago, Alpha Kappa Alpha was founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C. From July 11-18, members will return to the nation’s Capitol for the organization's 2008 Centennial BoulĂ©. During this biennial international meeting, the Sorority will celebrate its founding while working to achieve its business goals. It will also focus on mobilizing an informed and educated populace about the significance of the upcoming 2008 elections.

Activities will include:
Economic Service Partnership Unity March
Town Hall Society Forums
Ecumenical Service
Patti LaBelle Live in Concert
….and more!!!

Patti!!!!! Awww man! I know it's gonna be great! Enjoy, Sorors!!!

In other news:

Mattel, the makers of Barbie have honored us with the creation of an Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Barbie, the first doll to be modeled after any sorority (first and finest, always). She is adorable, precious and ALL OF THAT, and trust I will be buying one for myself and my fave soror (Auntie Helen) to cherish. The Chicago Sun Times has the story here .

Photobucket


SERIOUSLY, 100 NEVER looked SOOO GOOD!! Here's to another innovative, trend-setting 100 years! Skee-Wee, My Sorors!!

2 comments:

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

It sucks that you won't be able to be in the area! My grandmother is an AKA and she's been looking forward to this moment forever!

Ooop-Skee!

Shy said...

I know!!! :-( I'm so sad about it, because I know I won't be around to see another centennial celebration.

Skeeeee-Ooop, sistergreek!