BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Update on the "READ A BOOK" Situation

Well, not really an update, but remember how I said I was browsing thru some GW Bush pics? Well, I found something that disturbed the hell outta me. Now, because he's our President, I automatically give/ or had given him respect, and honestly did not think he was THAT DUMB until just recently (2006). I am aware of a lot of the mistakes he and his administration have made in running this country, but I didn't know it was THIS BAD! All I can say, is come January 20, 2009, if you (as in readers of this blog) are/were a supporter of Bush, be ready to be offended, because I am going to let his dumb ass have it! I'm sorry...his stupidty has breeched new levels, in my eyes. I will probably be dedicating a post a day to him for a whole week leading up to 1/20/09...*sigh* it's a damn shame. But Imma save my rant for then.

Now, to my point...I don't know when this picture was taken, may have been years ago, but I'm just now seeing it, and I'm over here shaking my head.

click on the picture to make it bigger


I don't care if this picture is old, and true enough dumb mistakes like this may have been less frequent over the years. But it doesn't erase the fact that he had the damn book upside down!! I'm not one to just criticize someone for nothin. People make mistakes, and really I just wanted to post evidence of his stupidity. I'm sure someone informed him that he had the book upside down...but are you telling me he was looking at the kid so hard that he didn't notice? Okay...you're not there to stare at a kid, man...


I'm just sayin, I agree with the whole message of READ A BOOK, and who it's trying to target, but we all need to understand that a message such as this needs to reach broader audiences (whites, blacks, hispanics, and asians). And maybe that is also READ A BOOK's intention (though I believe it's initial intentions were to target the black community). Like I said, it may be an old pic, and I'm not saying Dubya can't read...but this picture sends a bad message and it is loud and clear. Do better in 2008, America. My voter registration card came in on Monday or Tuesday. Best believe I will be filling that bih out and voting Nov '08. I encourage you all to do the same.


But anyway...I just thought I'd share this gem. They'll be more soon. 'Til then!


** Disclaimer: The only relevance this picture has to the READ A BOOK song is that Bush is holding a book...and it's fuckin upside down...:-(

0 comments: