BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Tatted UP


Guess what, folks?! I got tatted up while on vay-cay *Shout-out to Lizzie at David's Counter Culture*. It's my very first tattoo and I am so excited about it! I seriously want about 3 more. My experience was cool. I mean, when I first got to the shop I was having second thoughts, but then this red-haired lady came up to me and asked me what she could help me with. I took it as a sign that God approved of me goin head and getting it. How this lady gone walk straight up to me and bypass all the folks that were in front of me (unless management told her to do that cuz I'm black...we were in GS).

Everybody I tell is surprised. They say, "GIRL, WHAT? YOU? You so goody-goody...I can't believe it!" And you know I'm over here rolling my eyes right? For the people who thought mama and daddy was gone trip and act the fool, they were okay with it. Mama took me to the shop and watched me get it done and everything. Daddy protested at first, but I quickly got him told on how tattoos don't define who you are as a person. You define the tattoo. I think he is still disappointed, but he can't lie and say it ain't pretty. (And it's really simple, has a definite purpose, and ain't all big and gaudy)

The tattoo itself is my nickname given to me by my granny (mom's mom) ~Candy Cane~. My granny has only called me by my God-given name maybe twice in my 19 years...so Candy Cane is what I am to her. The tatt is in cursive letters on my inner calf. I chose the location for several reasons, but the main one is because that's where I wanted it...that simple. This specific tattoo is actually part of something greater (continuation piece). I will be adding on to this tattoo for a while. The next installation will be two candy canes interlocked to form a heart.

Anyway, I love my tattoo!!!! Oh and it didn't hurt that bad. I mean, I do have a high tolerance for pain, but it really wasn't that bad...I PROMISE. So if anyone is thinking of getting one, but is skeptical because of the pain factor, all I can say is MAN UP! lol....if u really want a tatt, you should just go for it...I know I (Ms. Goody Two Shoes) did!

Also, I wanna mention that my cuz Chell got her belly-button pierced the same day and it turned out nicely. I will have pics up ASAP.

P.S.
I was in a Journeys store and saw a shirt that said: "Jesus loves me and my tattoos" haha! Yes He does! If I see that shirt again, Imma get it!

0 comments: