BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Black & on the Beach

So I took my vacation last week, and trust me, it was much needed! I only visited this blog once and I see I have some maintanence issues to tend to. *sigh* Although this vacation was much needed and deserved, I felt uncomfortable about 55% of the time I was there.

Now my family and I have journeyed to Orange Beach for 6+ years, and have lodged in the Phoenix properties for all but one of those years. Each year has in turn presented a new problem to me but with the same background. YT (whitie) don't want us there! But I'm forever like WTF?! That beach we go to is a public mother fuckin beach and no one has the right to THINK we're not supposed to be there. You can think that shit, but it ain't gone get you no where...

Anyway, Gulf Shores, and especially Orange Beach is full of people who don't like blacks. I mean, you should have seen the looks on their faces when my family showed up at a location they probably thought blacks would never be able to find or afford. Well, GOTCHA BITCH! We came in full effect (20+ deep) and stayed in those expensive ass condos for a whole 8 days...We all ain't on welfare, in jail, or dead!!! We work hard to do it big, and I know for a fact my family has worked their ass off to earn that damn vacation! We start saving for the next year's vacation right after getting back from the previous.

Man, when we got to POB II, we had YT folk staring, glaring, and gauking. Little YT kids were looking frightened...lookin like they were gonna piss their pants. My folks wanted to get loud and reckless right there, but I and a few others insisted that we ignore and avoid them all together. To no avail, however! And now I realize that running away from the problem would have been a cop-out and a waste of a perfectly good vacation. I was not about to stay locked up in 307 the whole trip.

Me, being non-confrontational, I stayed "in my place" until that fateful Tuesday night when one of them lil YT mother fuckers thought they was gonna get smart. Me and my two cousins were in the pool still swimming (the adults had already gone up to the condo). I was back-floating and next thing I know, I hear one of my cuz's go "OUCH!" I lift up immediately and I see my cousins looking up, so I do the same. Tell me why two lil YT boys are up on the top floor of the property, throwing shit down into the pool at us...YOU KNOW THEIR FOLKS WERE PROLLY UP THERE RAGGIN ON US (prolly since Sunday when we first got there)! It's at this point all hell in me broke the fuck loose. I was trying to keep my cool despite the looks and snide remarks, but damnit if that shit didn't send me over the edge!

I could tell the lil muhfuckas were young, probably between ages 7-9. I saw them looking content like, "Yeah we scared those niggers!". I rolled my eyes so hard I swear they could have rolled right out of my damn head! My cuz Chell (17) went on a cussing tyrade (all kinds of "fuck this and mother fuckin that") as I got my ass out the pool. The water wasn't cooling me down any more. I'm actually glad Chell cussed out loud for the YTs to hear, because I believe up to this point they felt like we were what...*gasp* scared of them or something? BITCH PLEASE! Once I started cussing it was all my cousins could do to stop me.

What really got me 38 hot was when I heard one of the lil mother fuckers say, "Ay YOU"...

First of all, bastard, my name ain't no damn "AY YOU", neither is that either of my cousins' names. GET OFF...leave the racism to your parents...and I WISH their folks would have started some shit. I would have made my way right up there to 812 and kicked some pale ass! When that fucker said, "AY you" I knew that he KNEW what he had done and that he was trying to egg the situation on further like the little jackass that he is.

So we (my cousins and I) are cussing and fussing amongst ourselves (my cuzs are still in the pool), when this nice white lady comes up and asks if we were having problems, and if someone had thrown something at us (she saw us looking up). We explained the situation to her and she seemed genuinely concerned. Her words were, "You shouldn't take that crap!" And by crap I assume she meant racism. But be for real lady, there's only so much we could have done. She insisted that we report the little bastards and we did (but I heard nothing else of the incident, whether they had been reprimanded or whatever). She was one of the few nice openminded people we met this year while in the area. We met these two lil white girls the day before and they were cool, but the last day we saw them, they acted like they didn't see or even know us... But I figure since another black family had arrived on that same Tuesday (we saw them last on Wednesday) the little girls probably felt we all looked the same and opted to save themselves the embarrassment by thinking the family was us.

But my case in point is that regardless of these people's feelings towards us being at "their" vacation spot, we paid our money to be there just like some of them did. We didn't win the trip and we ain't never been on no fuckin time share, so they can GET OFF!!! My fuckin money is green just like theirs and I can spend it just as well as any of them can! My mother fuckin blood is red JUST likes theirs, as well. Let my anatomy teacher (who is white) tell it, we are 99.9% THE SAME! The only difference (if you want to call it that) is the pigment and tone of our skin. And bitch, if you hate my skin color so much, why is it that half of these muhfuckas run to the sun or a tanning bed to GET LIKE ME??! HUH? And don't give me that shit about, "the sun is good for you" BULL SHIT! Some of y'all can't get enough, and it gives most of y'all skin cancer...where's the benefit in that?

Wise the fuck up and let go of this 1500s-1950s slave master mentality! Black folk done came up in the world and if that means that we'll be frequenting your lil precious beaches, then mother fucker, so be it. Get used to it and get over it! We'll be back, same time, same place. Mark your calanders so you can avoid us! :-P

Disclaimer: this post is not aimed at all white people in general, but the racist mother fuckers (patrons and condo staff) who frequented the Phoenix on the Bay II this past week. If you feel hurt or embarrassed by my words, please remember that they are just that...my words, thoughts, and opinions. If you don't like what I write, for future reference, I suggest you keep it moving...

--SHY

0 comments: