BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

LAST DAY OF WORK!!!

I can hardly believe that it is the middle of August, already. Seems like just yesterday I was saying, "Good Morning, it's August 1st!" Damn, where does time go? I really feel like summer just got started, and here it is the end...well at least for me.

Today marks my last day at work and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad! I love my job (been working here for two summers now), but I'm more in love with my school and I'm ready to get back to it! My second year promises to be an exciting, busy, fun, and interesting one. THERE IS SO MUCH TO GET INTO THIS FALL!!! Deltas, Ques, and Kappas are back on the yard! I'll be applying for the Minority Scholars Program soon, my first "task" as an acting auxillary member of Alpha Lambda Delta (Freshman Honor Society--an office I received last semester) begins as SOON as I get back to school!! There's so many other things going on too...

Like new roommates, a new dorm, a new year in Gospel Choir (we record in November), chances to make new friends, a new FOOTBALL season (I love ASU and UAB football even tho both teams sucked last year). I've made plans to become more involved on campus and I have a few tricks up my sleeve as to how I'm gonna do that. I also plan on becoming more socially interactive with my peers (that means GOIN TO THE CLUBS AND PARTIES). But I will still maintain my study ethic and "procastinating perfectionist" ways. I'm weird like that, but I think I can balance it...

It'd be nice to have a boo soon, but I'm not rushing anything cuz I don't want to get just any-old-body...A good B-U-D-D-Y would be nice. But yeahhh *sigh* I've already started packing and getting my ish in order as best I can. I still have shit to buy tho...(A MESS)...and I'm facing a transportation dilemma when it comes to getting my stuff up to Birmingham. And oh, let's not even talk about how I don't even know what floor I'm staying on! My dorm needs to get on its job!

UAB took forever getting the roommate assignments up so it was all of August 8th or 9th when I found out who I would be rooming with. I don't know any of the girls, and one of them is a junior *sigh*...I just hope no drama arises because of the age and "maturity" difference. There shouldn't be a difference, come to think of it. And I don't know which girl I will be sharing a side with.......As you can see, I have a lot on my mind right now...and I'll prolly be this way for a long time, but I'll be okay!

Tomorrow I'm set to get up with two of my DIAMONDS and hang out one last time before we head out across the southeast to our respective universities. We are supposed to be going out for ice cream...which is a treat much needed given the triple digit temperatures Alabama has been seeing for the past two weeks! But yeah...

PSA: DRINK WATER PEOPLE! IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE! IT'S HOTTTT OUT THERE!!! (i need to take my own damn advice too).

0 comments: