BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

*Sigh*

Just quickly peeking my head in the door to let those of you who care know that I am alive. My vacation was less than enjoyable, but for the most part I can't complain, because unlike my dear friend Mario, Bernie Mac, or Isaac Hayes, I am alive to recount its events.

1) The first night of my vacation, I'm sitting by the pool, looking up at the stars and trying to relax and make the best of an already stressful, drama-filled vacation when I get a text from my friend from church. Skipping the dramatics of the texts, I call my friend and she proceeds to tell me that our friend, Mario had been killed early that morning. He was shot while trying to break up a fight. I don't know details beyond that. My heart dropped below the pit of my stomach if that's even possible. Mario...*sigh* we grew up having a thing for one another, but it was always the kiddy crush thing. But he was always so sweet to me. When I was going through my awkaward teenager phase (chubby, glasses, braces), he was one of the very few guys that told me I was pretty and meant it. He is the only guy that pegged me as an AKA when others stereotyped, saying my 11th grade year of high school, "Candice, you're gonna be an AKA. I just know it". He smiled and walked away. That was impressive to me...Mario never seemed to play into stereotypes, and I realize now that he looked on the INSIDE of people instead of the outside. Mario went into the service (Navy, Marines, one of em), and came back a changed man (from the goofy kid he was). He is survived by his mother Darlene, his younger sister Kelsey, and his baby girl Mariah. It's sad that she will grow up not really knowing what a great MAN her father was. Mario was such a kind hearted person, but I believe in his growing up stages, he caused his mother great pain. Even still, we all make mistakes, and Mario was well on his way to redeeming himself. You'd never think something like this would happen to someone who is genuinely GOOD. But it always happens to the good, the innocent by-standers. The guys he USED to hang out with would surely go before he did (we thought)...but we were wrong. Mario got killed trying to do something good, something right. Got caught in the cross-fire.

I ran into the condo, jumped in my bed, pulled the covers over my head and SOBBED. I wept and cried. I was HEEVING! My heart hurt so bad for that boy, because I just knew he was gonna make something out of his life. He had recently got engaged...he had so much life ahead of him. It breaks my heart to think about it. I missed his funeral (which was Saturday), because I was still in hell (vacation). Maybe it's for the best. I don't want my last memory of Mario to be of him in a coffin.

The last time I saw him was at church this summer. He was with his fiance'. I was walking in front of them. He said, "Hey Candice!" I turned around and he reached for a hug. I hugged him...

I'm so thankful I can remember him for the sweet guy he was.

I love you Mario Morgan. I will always remember our conversations, your laugh, your smile, how good of person you were, you...I miss you terribly already. I love you. Rest In Peace!

Also, condolences to Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes' families. These two GREAT Black American entertainers died within days of each other. It is a great loss to our community.

Man...this is one of the saddest Mondays of my life.

I plan on recapping the trip from day one. I'm to upload pictures tonight when I get home, and then I'll go from there. Also, I want to share a few pictures of Mario tomorrow if I can, a mini-tribute of sorts to my friend. I miss him so much y'all.

And of course, I gotta remember my boys Bernie and Isaac, so I'll have that up sometime soon too, hopefully. I just don't have the energy (physical or mental) today, y'all. I apologize. I am still in mourning and Mario died a week ago. But that's what happens when someone you care about leaves you. It just doesn't go away, and my mind keeps drifting back to that red, smiling face of his....*sigh*

I have a lot to say, but I'll hold it for now. Maybe blog-rounding will make me feel a little better. Keep me, the Jones-Morgan family, Bernie Mac's and Isaac Hayes' families in your prayers ALL this week. Mario was put to rest this weekend, but the journey is just beginning for the other two families. Prayer changes things.

--peace--

0 comments: