BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Please Don't Be So Generic In Your Thinking!

THANKS!!! So, mama fowards me this email, and in her message she says, "SO TRUE...LOL". Now I don't know if she felt that way for real, or if she just wanted something to say. My mama is a VERY intelligent and "smart" woman, but when it comes to bull-shit email lists, I noticed that sometimes she just says stuff just to say it. In any event, I am going to post this little laundry list of things you should tell all girls about men...hmph...my thoughts included


15 PIECES OF ADVICE TO BE PASSED ON TO YOURDAUGHTER, GRANDDAUGHTER, YOUNGER SISTER, NIECE, COUSIN... all the GIRLS!

1.. Don't imagine you can change a man... Unless he's in diapers. (okay, I agree with this tip...You can incite change, but you can never ever force it or CREATE it...a man has to want to change for you HIMSELF!!)

2.. What do you do if your boyfriend walks-out? You shut the door. (sure...maybe...I wouldn't suggest running after ANY man, even if it is YOUR fault. There is a time for all of that, and right after an argument probably isn't one of the best.)

3.. If they put a man on the moon... they should be able to put them all up there. (didn't get this one)

4.. Never let your man's mind wander... it's too little to be out alone. (what weak-minded men are these women messing with?! If his mind is wandering, there is a reason, and his brain capacity can't be that small if he has the ability to think of someone else!)

5.. Go for younger men. You might as well... They never mature anyway. (hell naw, though I typically end up talking to guys slightly younger than me, there is no way I would exclusively date obviously younger men...I don't have time for the immaturity. It is true that with age comes maturity, so stop fuckin with young boys just because you assume men will always be immature.)

6.. Men are all the same... they just have different faces so that you can tell them apart. (I semi-agree. They all have the same WAYS, some are just less/more severe than others. Some have more tact. But just like women come wired the same, so do men...it's nature.)

7.. Definition of a bachelor: a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable. (eww, I have to disagree. a bachelor is a single man, and he has VERY much potential to fuck a sista's life up, please believe! Single men are ruining lives and breaking hearts EVERY day!)

8.. Women don't make fools of men... most of them are the do-it-yourself types. (sure, whatever)

9.. Best way to get a man to do something... is to suggest he is too old for it. (you can tell some white woman came up with this list...*sigh*)

10.. Love is blind... but marriage is a real eye-opener. (ok, thanks for the heads up...)

11.. If you want a committed man... look in a mental hospital. (not funny)

12.. The men of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years... Even in biblical times, they wouldn't ask for directions. (ummm)

13.. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in... tell him chequebooks. (This bitch is from Europe!)

14.. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes... it means that you laugh at his. (ok, WORD. Because a lack of sense of humor is a deal breaker for me. I need somebody who constantly keeps a smile on my face and laughter in my heart. Laughing reduces stress, something I have lots of!)

15.. Sadly, all men are created equal. (really now?)

So yeah, after reading through the list a few times, I have come to the conclusion that this list was contrived by a middle-aged white Brittish woman (or Canadian). In any respect, I appreciate her little words of wisdom, but uhh, no thanks for real! And how could my mother, a strong, black educated woman think that majority of the things listed held some truth?!?! Man, whatever! Anyhoo...

I can't stand generic ass thinking when it comes to men (hell, ANYBODY), because all of these negroes are different...these lists are fine in some ways, cuz sometimes you can generalize to make a comparison...but this list just hinted a tad bit too much "white woman's" opinion to me, and I honestly can't identify. Now, I'm a good daughter, so I won't get on mama for sending me this list, but this is definitely not something I will be passing on to my friends, little cousins, nieces, and MOST CERTAINLY not my daughter. God willing, when I have a little girl, she will know what she needs to know through me and other strong-minded women like me...not from some generic ass, Eurocentric minded list. Please and Thank you! Good night!!

2 comments:

LadyLee said...

LMAO @ "you can tell some white woman came up with this list...*sigh*"

I was thinking that, and you verbalized it!! I guess it's the type of list where you get what you can get from it... and keep it moving.

Anonymous said...

Your mom knows best! She's been around long enough to know how it is with men. Younger people just don't know yet... they are still in "dream mode" oh yeah im going to have the house, the great husband, and kids. SO WRONG!