BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

If I would Have known....


Me and mama always say..."Patience is a Virtue"...

I had to do some waiting, but boy was it worth the wait

Not saying things are gonna be easy...they never really are

But when God puts someone in your life to give you opportunities and experiences that were never afforded to you before...you GOTTA know it's something special about that person.

Who opens the passenger door for me to get in and OUT of the car?

Who walks on the outside of the street making sure I'm out of harms way?

Who's feeding me spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally?

HE DOES/IS!!

He is a God-send! He's not perfect, however, and has his flaws. He can get busy with work and school...and not have time...we don't reside in the same city...

But...the difference with him and all the others is that he puts forth AN EFFORT!!! To me, trying and putting forth effort are two totally different things.

To try (according to Merriam-Webster Online) means "to make an attempt"...if you apply effort to this definition, little of it is made...

Effort, however, in its essence is a "conscious exertion of power; hard work; a SERIOUS attempt"...see the difference??

Where others failed to make the effort and do the BARE MINIMUM for me (I don't ask for much)...he picked up the slack ten-fold! He often says I give him way too much credit, but I just want him to understand how much I appreciate his attentiveness, his sensitivity to my needs, his affection....

Many females take these things for granted, but I don't know how to...all he asks in return is that I appreciate him...and I KNOW I can do that!! I AM DOING THAT! And I always will appreciate him, who he is, and what he does for me!!

I knew that there were good men out there somewhere...wonder where they are? In your face, probably...just like Dre was in mine...but we overlook them because they are "too nice"--not the proverbial "bad boy"...or maybe we overlook them because they too have been hurt and are hiding among the shadows as we are.

Who knows? But they DO exist, ladies!!! I got mine!! And I'm just so thankful!!

0 comments: