BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Poetry Corner

The rain is coming down hard in the GUMP, and I am in such a creative mood. Inspiration comes from the strangest places, and I'm not quite sure where mine came from, but whatever. I shot out two poems today, and would like to share them!!!! The subject is my ILLUSTRIOUS ORGANIZATION, ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY, INC.

1. ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA, DEAR!

Her first love may be DST

But that has not one thing to do with me.

My first love is of an “OH SO PRETTY” history

A legacy of sophistication, pride, and dignity.

Stuck-up, never. Classy, forever!

Conceited, not. It’s confidence that I’ve got!

My 20 pearls shine and glisten as I pass;

My founders ensured perpetuity

So that my wonderful sisterhood could last.

100 years strong, we’ve stood the test;

I know that Alpha Kappa Alpha is the best!

You don’t have to tell me, I already know.

Through service and sisterhood, our greatness shows.

You may think my choice was a mistake,

But no my friend, your thoughts, you, a fool they make.

See, what attracted me to this illustrious organization,

Was its founders’ determination, the class,

And its high ethical and moral foundation.

Tell me what you’ve got my friend?

Or why your inquiries about my sisterhood seem to never end?

Is it because perhaps you are the one who made a mistake?

Is it because your sisterhood seems to be so fake?

I entreat you to worry about you and yours.

Alpha Kappa Alpha is well-able to follow its own course.

Why? We’ve done it for 100 years!

It wasn’t easy, for it took much blood,

Plenty of sweat, and oceans of tears.

I know that my commitment to this sisterhood

Is a blessing from God, and it should be understood

That anybody who thinks otherwise

Chose to settle for less, which is something I despise.

A-K-A, I pledge to always love thee.

A-K-A, I say proudly, SKEE-WEE!!!!

--Soror Shy, May 15, 2008



2. BOOM, HONEY!


My pinky high up in the air
I really love to shake my hair.
You see always me see looking good.
I know you really wish you could.
The big thing is, I don’t have to try.
I’m an A-K-A, so I was born FLYY
Your boyfriend really thinks I’m fine.
If I blew him a kiss, he’d soon be mine.
I check my mirror every day,
See haters always look my way.
“Skee-Wee”, I say with head held high
My nose is way up to the sky.
OH YES, I think I’m ALL OF THAT
Those other girls are OH SO WACK
You punch a mirror in front of me?
Girl, SIT DOWN, we know you’re ugly!
You thought that was a cute diss-connection,
HAHAHA trick, you just punched your own reflection!
So what does that mean to lil ole me?
Means I look good, a true, natural BEAUTY!
Oh honey, don’t you realize,
It’s because of my founders you are alive.
So next time you decide to fix your mouth toward A-K-A
Think twice, keep that mouth shut, and let it stay that way!

-Soror Shy (Iota Phi), May 15, 2008

Hope y'all like em...I sure as heck do!!! :-) Skee-wee my sorors, I'll HOLLA!


0 comments: